The Springfield Foundation is committed to improving the quality of life for all Clark County residents now and for generations to come. We focus on programs and organizations that have an impact on our Clark County community. Our program areas include Arts & Culture, Civic Affairs, Education, Environment, Conservation & Animals, Health, and Human Services.
Eligibility for Grants
Charitable organizations must meet the following criteria to be eligible for funding from the Springfield Foundation:
1. Nonprofit organizations exempt from Federal income taxes under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, churches, or government units including public schools and municipalities. If you do not have a 501(c)(3), you may enter into an agreement with a qualified nonprofit that will act as your fiscal agent.
2. Organizations that have a governing board, and conduct business without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender,age, disability, or national origin.
3. Programs and projects serving the Clark County, Ohio Community.
What the Springfield Foundation Does Not Fund
The Springfield Foundation does not award grants from discretionary funds for the following purposes:
- Awards to individuals, including fellowships, travel, study, research, camps,
- Support for individual political candidates and/or lobbying efforts,
- Annual campaigns or dues,
- Sectarian worship, instruction, or proselytizing,
- Fraternal, political, labor, athletic, social or veterans’ groups,
- School bands and school choral groups, drill teams, or color guards,
- Private and parochial schools,
- Debt retirements, deficit financing, annual fund drives or fund raising activities,
- Returning applicants who did not complete their previous grant requirements (i.e., reporting).
Access Grant Opportunities
Follow the steps below to prepare your nonprofit for the grant application process.
- Confirm your organization is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit.
- Attend a Grants Information Workshop. View Upcoming Workshops.
- Research grant opportunities. Click on Grant Guidelines for detailed information about eligibility requirements and the application process. Learn more.
- Access our Grant Resources for final report forms and other resources. Resources.